[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B000069EYA” cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”seniorslife-20″]
For those of us who haven’t had the opportunity to be a snowbird…or are planning on snowbirding but haven’t left yet….winter is quickly approaching and some of us have already been exposed to severe weather including ice and snow. We thought we would share a winter readiness checklist to keep in mind!
Is your home ready?
- Furnace checked
- Filters in place
- Light bulbs changed
- Salt or de-icer for driveway & walkways
- Shovel ready
- Candles & lighter/matches
- Extra blankets out
- Tune up snow blower
- Check/replace batteries in smoke detectors and CO2 monitors
- Clean gutters and replace any loose or missing shingles
- Rodent and Pest protection – this is the time when they try to sneak into your house to stay warm
Download this Home Checklist by clicking here
Is your vehicle ready?
Make sure your vehicle is equipped with:
- Snow tires
- Ice scraper
- Extra windshield washer fluid
- Bag of salt or cat litter
- Extra clothes
- First aid kit
- Candles & matches
- Water & snacks
- Roadside assistance
- Emergency cell phone
Always remember to keep your car with at least half a tank of gas, too all winter long!
Download this Vehicle Checklist by clicking here
Are YOU ready?
Now that you have checked to make sure your home and vehicle are ready…think about you!
- Extra food in the cupboard
- Quickie meals in the freezer
- Winter clothes
- Boots, hats & mitts
- Prescriptions refilled
- Vitamins (especially B, C & D)
- Cleaning and laundry supplies
- Toiletries including toilet paper
- Charged cell phone
- Emergency response device (especially if you spend time alone)
Download this Are You Ready Checklist by clicking here
Please let us know what else you do to get prepared so we can share anything we missed with our audience and help others!
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B007KAX77G” cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”seniorslife-20″]