Do you know what it takes to be successful senior? Do you know what senior success is to you? Are you a successful senior? I bet you are.
Success can be ‘officially’ defined as:
- the accomplishment of an aim, purpose or goal
- the attainment of popularity or profit
- the achievement of something desired
We believe that senior success is defined as happiness. Have you heard the saying “happiness is an inside job?” Well we believe that and your happiness will equal your success.
How can I achieve senior success?
- Be well – stay fit and eat well and don’t forget to treat yourself.
- Feel good – overall wellness mind, body and spirit with a smile.
- Have good relations – socialize with family & friend – talk and play.
- Have goals – every day plan something to do that you enjoy doing.
- Have fun – whatever makes you laugh and smile – do it.
- Smile – it take less muscles to smile then frown – smile often – it make you feel good.
- Laugh – when you laugh, feel good chemicals get released and can change your mood.
- Sing – like laughing, when we sing we exercise our vocal chords while releasing feel good chemicals to our bodies.
- Love – nothing feels quite as good as loving or being loved. Hold hands etc. etc.
- Love aging – embrace yourself and all the changes. Aging is a wonderful thing.
- Be mobile – no matter what it takes – get out and about even if you need help.
- Be grateful – everyday acknowledge something or someone that you are grateful for.
- Enjoy your home – new or old home, do whatever you have to do to stay and live where you want to.
- Enjoy life – life is an amazing gift. Enjoy every day to the fullest.
You may be well aware of these 14 tips but if you really sat down and thought about them could you say you do each one everyday? If not give yourself a 14 day challenge. Practice these 14 tips for 14 days and let us know how you are doing. What was easy and what was not. We would love to hear from you.
Remember happiness is an inside job and happiness is true success.