Seniors Lifestyle Magazine really believes that “Getting Older is Getting Better.” We are always excited when we read articles about seniors or hear others talking about just that. Aging is a natural part of life and if we embrace it, being a senior can truly be one of the best times of your life!
So what is there to look forward to with aging?
- Our attitudes – They change for the better. We aren’t as fussy about having the best and keeping up with family and friends. We focus on the now and not the past. We enjoy living for what we have not trying to gain more. We love ourselves!
- Our knowledge – We have learned so much. We willingly share our knowledge with others. We enjoy teaching others and role modelling. We know how to make decisions.
- Our appreciation – We have learned to appreciate ourselves and others. We aren’t so critical anymore. We get it. We know that others that are younger than us are simply learning. We appreciate things around us more. Gardens, the sky, the natural beauty of the world.
- Our fight – we don’t have to exhaust ourselves fighting aging anymore. It’s here! And that’s okay. We look good and we feel good! Emotional and physical changes are simply a symbol of a new chapter in our life. A chapter that we will surely enjoy with the right attitude and a smile!
- Our surroundings- we surround ourselves with the things that matter. What is really important to us including family and friends that make us feel good. We don’t have to settle anymore. We know what and who we want around. We do things now because we want to not because we have to.
It is great getting older now!
Read More via the original article https://lifereimagined.aarp.org/stories/34121-10-Good-Things-About-Getting-Older